Data Privacy Day 2017 – be #privacyaware
January 26, 2017
Data has become the most valuable asset to brands big and small, but protecting it is increasingly difficult. It’s been estimated that there will be 30.7 billion connected devices by 2020. Personal data is the fuel that makes this cool new technology work. And with new technology, our attack surface continues to expand. So, our data is more accessible and the value this information is the highest it’s ever been. Unfortunately, the bad guys know this better than anyone.
Data Privacy Day is celebrated every year on 28 January, backed by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and promoted through Stay Safe Online, a global online safety education and awareness campaign packed with resources relevant to every digital citizen.
This year, the theme for Data Privacy Day is respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust to raise awareness about the importance of protecting personal information.
Stay Safe Online recommends:
- Own your online presence – check your privacy settings to manage information sharing
- Lock down your login – email passwords are not enough, consider adding two-factor authentication like biometrics or unique one time codes
- Keep a clean machine – update your security software, web browser and operating system to ensure you have the best defense against malware and other online threats
Let’s keep the conversation going
We believe sharing experiences and knowledge across the cyber security industry, your professional and your personal networks is important in arming us all against the ever-evolving cyber threats of today.
End-users must take steps to protect their home networks as IoT becomes a bigger part of our daily routines. In addition, the organizations supplying the technology also have a responsibility to provide a secure experience for their customers.
The Blueliv Threat Exchange Network aims to increase collaboration amongst security researchers and analysts. Just like a social network, our open community makes it easy to communicate and collaborate on the topics most relevant to you and your organization, with the aim to help maintain a safe and secure online community.
- Share IOCs Post updates and share IOCs
- Build your network Follow other users and increase your own network of followers
- See what’s trending now Tag your sparks and check out the most popular topics
- Ask the Community a question Get answers from the rest of the community
- Collect Karma points Get points every time you use the community and become a recognized user
Plus, check whether your IP is infected with the Blueliv Cyber Threat Map.